Sometime in late May, the shining sun announces that it’s the time to go on an adventure. It’s the hour of the year to plan a trip and explore beautiful spaces. The thought of travel transports our mind to a place where the sun shines brighter, the sound of nature is chirpier, and time stands still. Whether you travel to be with nature as a whole or travel to explore that city that's been on your bucket list, do the earth a favour and leave behind nothing but your green steps.
The motto that our Green Bee founder, Mahima Gujral, likes to practice during her travels is:
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill nothing but time.
While we are soaking in the beauty of nature, let’s be ethical travellers and give back to our magnificent home.
Sustainable travel or ecotourism is all about making simple choices to lessen the adverse effects on the destination. The three pillars of ecotourism include to adopt environmentally friendly practices (reduce, reuse, recycle), protect cultural and natural heritage, to shop and eat local.
Here are some easy to follow tips to help you travel more responsibly:
- Choose eco-friendly transportation, hotels, tour operators, and shopping tactics that do less damage to the environment and create more benefits for local people.
- Hang up your towels after each use, which is the universal sign that you’d like to use them again.
- When you leave your room, always turn off all the lights, heat/AC, and television.
- Bring along a small bag and pick up any trash you spot along your hike.
- Take your own reusable bag when you go shopping.
- Seek out indigenous artisans when you can. Often, their products are made more sustainably and they adopt slower processes that do minimal harm to the environment.
You can also pack light to lower your carbon footprint and lessen your impact on the environment. Be a minimalist traveller and use these eco-friendly packing essentials for your next vacation:
- Carry a reusable bottle
- Carry few metal straws
- Pack your own shampoo and soap bars
- Choose sustainable clothes
Sui has always believed in taking green steps to protect our planet, all our clothing are crafted in organic cotton and recycled fabrics. The collections boast versatility and are curated keeping comfort in mind. If you are looking for some laid back outfits for your next getaway take a look at some of our favourite choices...
Stay comfortable through the day in this maxi dress in naturally dyed handwoven organic cotton with embroidered lemon motifs on the front and back.
Brighten your pictures with this belted dress in herbal-dyed handwoven organic cotton with ruffle details and hand-embroidered motifs.
Timeless Summer shirt
An everyday wardrobe classic white shirt with embroidered palm and green heart detailing.
The Slow dress
Get the easy breezy look with this casual v-neck shift dress crafted in recycled fabric, embroidered with palm and green heart motifs details accentuated with a belt at the waist.